Privacy & Cookies
This page explains how Advantage Club by JR uses any personal data you give to us on www.theadvantage.club, and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
Under data protection laws and regulations in the territories where we operate, we have a legal duty to protect any personal data we collect from you. We are committed to protecting your information and strictly adhere to the requirements of such data protection legislation.
- Advantage Club by JR is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you register we ask you for your personal details.
- We use your personal information to:
- Manage your use of facilities and participation in our mobile application
- Enable effective communications with you
- Update you about new products/services
- Improve our products/services
- Conduct research
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with Qatar's Data Privacy Law.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing us. We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure. Cookies are small text files that are created by a web server and stored on your computer when you visit a website. They don't do anything i.e. they are not executable code and can only be read by (you and) the website that created them. You can view and edit the cookies on your computer like any other text file using a text editor (the contents are usually just strings of unique identifiers and date/timestamps). The website that created the cookie can read the contents when you are at their website.
- Cookies are widely used across the internet: you may have hundreds of cookies on your computer at any one time. Each browser has its own set of cookies so, if you run multiple browsers, you will have multiple sets of cookies on your computer.
- In the past, cookies have had some bad press. Much was due to a general misunderstanding of what cookies are and how they work but some was due to justifiable privacy concerns relating to 3rd party tracking cookies. These cookies are used by advertising websites and track a web user across multiple sites. The good news is that all modern browsers allow you to easily block 3rd party cookies.
- To store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- To record analytics data
- All the major browsers allow you to block cookies and delete those that have already been created on your computer, usually within the Tool's section of the browser. These tools allow you to specify which cookies you will accept by type and often by specific websites using an exception list e.g. you can block all cookies and then list the website from which you will accept cookies. There are also a wide choice of browser add-ins that you can install if you wish greater control over persistent cookies.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org